RACHEL – GERMANY
“My brain still hurts, but it was all worth it. I was going to study for 2 weeks but stayed for 6 because it was both affordable and effective. Blink took me from zero Spanish to conversational and my 6-weeks there are forever part of me.
Thank you Blink!”
Other Spanish schools in Medellin primarily offer the same choices of learning (Group classes). They do this because they’re smart and make a lot of money ramming students into overcrowded classrooms. At Blink Spanish we don’t operate by price-points: Sure we want to make money, but our #1 goal is to provide you with THE MOST EFFECTIVE SPANISH IMMERSION EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE. Your experience IS OUR REPUTATION, and we believe that is the key to our sustained success. Your full immersion Spanish experience will be tailored towards your individual needs. Every week of tuition includes:
Classroom learning (20 hours per week included)
- Based on your placement test, previous language study history, and language background, you will be assigned a Spanish class/level for four hours of daily classes. Classes are small. At Blink we average 3.5 students per class and most weeks we teach around 10 different levels of Spanish.
- Daily classes are from 8:30am-12:30pm and from 1pm-5pm.
Private classes (two hours per week included)
- Confusion is the enemy of learning and at Blink we don’t think your tight budget should stop you from the best possible learning experience. Your private classes at Blink are with experienced professors – not interns or college students.
- You can choose the times and days and trade times with other students.
- Every student struggles with certain words, concepts or rules and private sessions are your opportunity to accelerate your learning to ensure your learning experience is as efficient as possible.
Lodging in our Immersion Hostel
- Living and immersing yourself in our Spanish house (where everything from magazines and kitchen utensils are labeled in Spanish) is one of the keys to maximizing your learning experience.
- We offer both dorms and private rooms in a hostel like atmosphere that’s packed with useful study and learning tools.
- We also have a library, multiple computers, 2 dedicated wifi feeds, a theater, hot water, and much more. Your tuition includes Sunday thru Friday, and if you want to stay for the weekend, we have some of the best weekend prices in El Poblado!
- Privates & Homestays – We have a number of different private options both in and outside of the hostel. Homestay can also be a great way to keep your Spanish practice going at night. What’s better, our private rooms and homestay prices are too low to publish.
- We have our own restaurant, delicious meals, and both VEGETARIAN and VEGAN options. Eating and enjoying time with your classmates is a huge learning opportunity. Daily breakfast and lunch are included with your Blink Spanish experience.
- Our meals are scheduled around your class schedules meaning literally everything you could need during your days is included.
- Your afternoons and nights are free so that you can experience this great city, the party, and everything else in between.
- Every week you’ll have the opportunity to explore Medellin as we visit, explore, dance, taste, and enjoy the some of the many amazing places this vibrant city has to offer. Our favorite field trips are Salsa nights, weekly tours to Comuna 13 Street Grafitti/City Transformation tour, Playing Tejo (Colombia’s national sport), and going to futbol matches in the local stadium.
- In a normal week we will have 1-2 fieldtrips that are included with your tuition (you pay admissions – things like the metro cable).
We’re located in El Poblado (Manila Bario) – in the middle of ‘La Mesa’ which is chuck full of great restaurants and other hostels. The neighborhood is one of Medellin’s best and safest neighborhoods. We’re a short walk from the Parque Lleras party district, three blocks from the best metro in South America (from which you can explore almost all of Medellin), and 2 blocks from El Poblado’s largest supermarket.
EXPERIENCE Spanish, with Blink!